Thursday, August 2, 2012



Excerpt from Black Book News African American Book Reviews Featured Author Of The Month

ADRIAN L. MALLORY
AUTHOR OF CORRUPT INJUSTICE

BBN: How do you juggle the role of

author and publisher, and what lessons

do you have to share with other

aspiring young people out there?

ADRIAN: Publisher takes precedence

for as an author I have several books

written with many more in waiting. As

an author I was not receptive to leaving

the outcome of books I put much

time and thought into in the hands of

others. Upon taking matters into my

own hands personally doing or outsourcing

every aspect I better understand

the stance of the publisher.

Having full control over how it's presented

and represented means a lot

tIme.

As far as my fellow peer writers are

concerned my best advice is to research,

research, research. Regardless

to the route you decide to go

publishing your work if you want to

give yourself any chance you must

take an active role in gaining exposure

for your book. As an author I

would like to write what I want how I

want. As a publisher I have to influence

what to write from a marketing

and customer perspective. As an author

I want to see this book promoted

till it's well known. As a publisher I

know I have a set time frame from a

financial aspect before I have to shift

resources of time and money into my

own other books.

No comments:

Post a Comment